Man of Prep Award
What is it?
This student exemplifies what being a Cathedral Prep Rambler is all about. This award is given out at the end of each quarter at Quarter Sessions.
SPIRIT, AS SELECTED BY THEOLOGY TEACHERS:
He will strive to nurture his spiritual development by living according to the teachings and moral principles of Christ and His Church.
MIND, AS SELECTED BY CORE AND ELECTIVE TEACHERS:
He desires to prepare himself for a post-secondary education and demands a stimulating and creative curriculum to help him do so.
BODY, AS SELECTED BY PHYS ED AND COACHES:
He will foster the development of the self-disciplined man. He physically maintains his well-being, through self-discipline he is in control of his life and of his future.
How students are nominated:
- Core and elective teachers will nominate as many students per grade that they teach. If they teach 9th and 10th graders, they will send names from each grade to those class advisors. Teachers also provide a statement about the student to support their choice.
- Theology teachers will do the same, but this is its own category.
- Class advisors will tabulate and meet with the inner circle of advisors with Mr. Herbstritt where the results will be discussed, and the students will be chosen.
- Phys. Ed and Head Athletic coaches can submit their choices to the grade level advisors.
- Remember, we are trying to recognize those students who may not be recognized anywhere else but are very hard workers, courteous, and a true Man of Prep.
**Missing from photo: Ben Tirpak '20**