Cathedral Prep Uniform
The new uniform code presents students with options for different points in the year (Quarters 1& 4/Quarters 2 & 3), which is something the vast majority of students involved on the Uniform Committee appeared to really like. Please see the details outlined here: Prep New Uniforms.pdf.
Just as a notice, sweater, quarter zips, ties, polos, pants, and skorts can only be purchased through Flynn O’Hara, other brands will fall in violation of the dress code. The new uniform can be seen on the Flynn O’Hara website, all access information can be found on the document here: Cathedral Preparatory School Ways to Order Information PA774.pdf. When ordered, the sweater, quarter zip, girls and boys polos will all have the school seal embroidered on the left chest.
Now, for the part that will demand a little patience and attention to detail, the transition over next year as we will still be on two campuses. Below is the outline for the uniform expectations for each class heading into the 2021-2022 school year:
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2025):
- Both girls and boys will be expected to follow the new dress code (uniforms) on both campuses
Current Freshmen (Class of 2024) and Sophomores (Class of 2023):
- For 2021-2022
- Girls may wear Villa Skort (plaid), polos (with VMA or Villa seal logos), and sweaters. New/replacement Villa specific items will not be available through Flynn O’Hara any longer. They may purchase and wear new polos, skorts, pants, sweaters, and quarter zips with Prep seals.
- Boys may wear existing uniforms (khaki, grey, or navy blue pants of any brand as well as any tie) and existing sweaters (as there are a variety). Old sweaters will no longer be sold (cardigans or pullovers). They may purchase and wear new polos, pants, ties, sweaters, and quarter zips with Prep seals.
- For 2022-2023
- Both girls and boys will be expected to follow the new dress code (uniforms) on the Prep campus. Including uniform skort and pants (grey only from Flynn O’Hara).
Current Junior (Class of 2022):
- Not required to purchase any new uniform items. May wear items from the new collection if they choose.
- Not required to purchase any new uniform items. May wear items from the new collection if they choose (polo shirts in Quarters 1 & 4, on non-dress uniform days).