Class Agent Program
This section of our website is dedicated to the almost 8,000 Alumni of Villa Maria Academy. Since 1892, Villa has an unmatched tradition of preparing young people from the Erie area for college, and of providing the necessary tools to lead successful, responsible, and Christian lives. Without the support and involvement of our Alumni, however, the mission of VMA would no longer be possible. The Alumni is the lifeblood of the school, and it is not an exaggeration to state that VMA could no longer exist without their commitment and support.
The Class Agent is the principal representative(s) of a graduating class in working with the Advancement Office and the Alumni Relations Office at VMA. The Class Agent is the conduit between classmates and the school. Agents typically serve a 5-year term, and are usually appointed by the Vice President of Advancement and the Alumni Relations Officer. The time commitment is usually a few hours each month.
Duties and responsibilities of Class Agents:
- To try to attend at least one VMA Alumni function every year.
- Serve on the Reunion Planning Committee for the reunion year.
- To serve as an advocate for VMA.
- Help to increase participation in reunions, alumni projects, and Villa’s annual fund.
- Help to update and expand the database of classmates and locate “lost” members.
- Help to increase overall alumni support for VMA.
- Attend and support Villa's Open House, which is held on a Sunday in October.
- To perpetuate Villa’s mission and values.
Profiles and Procedures:
The Class Agent is one of Villa's most important volunteer positions. It is not an honorary title, but an opportunity to be involved in the life of the school in a way that requires dedication and service to your alma mater. The ideal candidate would be a person who has kept in contact with classmates over the years, has been involved in planning and attending class reunions, and is interested in trying to locate classmates who are “missing.” The Alumni Relations Office is currently seeking a few good alums to act as class representatives. It is perfectly logical and acceptable to have more than one agent for each class in order to share the effort.
Although some classes are now represented, many are still open. If you are interested in serving as a Class Agent, please contact Elizabeth Fehr, Constituent Relations Manager, at (814) 453-7737, Ext. 2243.