Class Agent Program
This section of our website is dedicated to the 12,000 Alumni of Cathedral Prep. Since 1921, Prep has an unmatched tradition of preparing young men from the Erie area for college, and of providing the necessary tools to lead successful, responsible, and Christian lives. Without the sup
port and involvement of our Alumni, however, the mission of Cathedral Prep to develop men of vision, mind, and body would no longer be possible. The Alumni is the lifeblood of the school, and it is not an exaggeration to state that Prep could no longer exist without their commitment and support.
All graduates are welcome and encouraged to return to your alma mater for a visit, a tour of the newly renovated main building, to cheer for the Ramblers, or just to have lunch in the cafeteria. Call the Alumni Relations Office to schedule a time.
The Class Agent is the principal representative(s) of his graduating class in working with the Advancement Office and the Alumni Relations Office at Cathedral Prep. He is the conduit between his classmates and the school. Agents typically serve a 5-year term, and are usually appointed by the Vice President of Advancement and the Alumni Relations Officer. The time commitment is usually a few hours each month.
Duties and responsibilities of Class Agents:
- To try to attend at least one Cathedral Prep Alumni function every year (Golf Tournament, Auction, Reunion, Hall of Fame Dinner, etc.).
- Serve on the Reunion Planning Committee for the reunion year.
- To serve as an advocate for Cathedral Prep.
- Help to increase participation in reunions, alumni projects, and Prep’s annual fund.
- Help to update and expand the database of classmates and locate “lost” members.
- Help to increase overall alumni support for Cathedral Prep.
- Attend and support Cathedral Prep’s Open House, which is held on the last Sunday of October.
- To perpetuate Prep’s mission and values.
Profiles and Procedures:
The Class Agent is one of Prep’s most important volunteer positions. It is not an honorary title, but an opportunity to be involved in the life of the school in a way that requires dedication and service to your alma mater. The ideal candidate would be a person who has kept in contact with classmates over the years, has been involved in planning and attending class reunions, and is interested in trying to locate classmates who are “missing.” The Alumni Relations Office is currently seeking a few good men to act as class representatives. It is perfectly logical and acceptable to have more than one agent for each class in order to share the effort.
Although some classes are now represented, many are still open. If you are interested in serving as a Class Agent, please contact Elizabeth Fehr, Assistant Vice President of External Relations, at (814) 453-7736, Ext. 2243.