- What type of case can be used with iPad?
- Can we use our own AppleID?
- Which apps are allowed?
- Can we use the Messages App?
- Will the camera be enabled?
- Can parents enable further restrictions on the device?
- Is there a warranty on the iPads?
- Are the iPads leased or purchased?
- When a student transfers out of Prep or Villa, what happens to the iPad?
- Are students permitted to keep their iPads over the summer?
- Will students be monitored/filtered on the Internet?
- Is there tracking software installed on the iPads?
- Will insurance be provided on the iPads for lost or stolen devices?
- Can the iPad be used to check email?
- What is my email address?
- Can printing be done with the iPads?
- How long will the battery in the iPad last?
- What are the document storage options with the iPad?
- Will all textbooks be installed on the iPad?
- Can the iPads be used to type papers and reports?
- What should students do if they have problems with their iPad?
- What do I need to do with my iPad before the first day of school?
We have provided all students with an OtterBox case. We feel this will provide adequate protection for the iPad. The device is not waterproof so please be sure to it away from liquids. You must keep this case on the iPad at all times. The case has a one year warranty against defects in workmanship, should the case become damaged during that time; please stop by the Technology Center.
Yes, parents are able to turn on Restrictions on the iPad. There are detailed instructions here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213. Parents will want to remember the password for this setup. The only way to remove a forgotten password is to restore the iPad to the original settings, which will erase all data from the iPad.
All iPads have the AppleCare+ warranty. The warranty will cover hardware repairs on the iPad for 3 years. The AppleCare+ warranty also provides accidental coverage for 2 instances. Each accidental claim will require a $49 deductible be paid to Apple for the repair. Any subsequent damages, or damages not covered by the AppleCare+ warranty will require a replacement iPad be purchased.
The iPad is the property of the school. Whether a student graduates or transfers out, the iPad must be returned to the school in good, working condition – the same way that textbooks and other school property must be returned. Otherwise, student transcripts will not be released or sent to the other school. The student may purchase the iPad at fair market value or he/she will be assessed the cost of the iPad, case, warranty & charger if it is not returned. This iPad cost and all other debt must be paid in full in order for records to released.
All iPads are enrolled in our Mobile Device Management software. Students do not have the ability to remove the profiles; doing so will remove their access to the wireless at school, and our ability to track the location of a lost iPad. In addition, any required apps pushed out to the devices will be removed, as well as the files stored inside of those apps. It is strongly recommended that students do not attempt to remove the profiles. Disciplinary action may also be taken.
A charged iPad will last roughly 10 hours. All students are required to come to school with a charged iPad. The power cables are not long enough and therefore should not be used in the classroom. The Technology center will not have chargers available for use in the event a student forgets to charge the iPad. The AppleCare+ warranty will cover batteries that have depleted to 50% or below.
There will be a good amount of storage for files on the iPads as we have leased the 32GB model. Students will also have access to eBackback. This app allows personal and group storage for assignments, handouts and homework. eBackpack files will also be accessible on an internet connected computer. The Apple iCloud can also be used for file storage.