Business, Computer and Information Technology
The BCIT Department at Cathedral Prep and Villa Maria Academy offers a cutting-edge 21st century education with the One-to-One iPad Program for our students. All students are offered the skills necessary to succeed in higher education and the life paths of their choice.
- Students are self-directed and collaborative learners understanding computer operations and utilizing multimedia and telecommunication technologies effectively.
- All students have equal access to all technologies and utilize them
- All students are provided technology supported learning solutions resulting in higher learning expectations and involvement.
- Students have live interaction with content matter specialists and field experts in cultural topics, languages, science, engineering and math disciplines.
- Technology is used to support the faculty’s curriculum in the classroom and will be integrated in such a way that the technology itself is a vehicle to support and enhance learning efforts.
- Faculty and staff are comfortable with the technology and its uses in the classroom.
As we advance further in the information age, it is the responsibility of the BCIT Department to enable the student to use the technology as it is used in the adult world of business, science and education with integrity and with Catholic tradition ethics. It is also to provide the students with a perspective, awareness, as well as the skills that prepare them to enter tomorrow's changing world of employment and life-long learning.
BCIT Electives: ACCOUNTING, EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES, ENTREPRENEURSHIP, FINANCIAL PLANNING, INTRO TO COMPUTER PROGRAMMING, COMPUTER SCIENCE, 3D PRINTING AND MODELING, CAD I, CAD II, EXPLORATORY ENGINEERING, ROBOTICS