Fast Facts About Cathedral Prep
Year Founded: 1921
Founder: Archbishop John Mark Gannon, Bishop of Erie (Archbishop ad personam)
Affiliation: Cathedral Prep is an all-male college preparatory Catholic school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie for students in grades 9-12. Students from all faiths are welcome to attend.
Accreditation and Memberships:
• Accredited by Middles States Commission on Secondary Schools.
• Member of National Catholic Education Association (NCEA)
Number of Students: 533
Student to Teacher Ratio: 13:1
Cathedral Prep offers 15 different Advanced Placement courses and college credit opportunities.
Average class size is 17
Tuition and Fees:
• Total Tuition for 2016-2017: $8,975 (Includes most fees. All students will have the use of a NEW Apple iPad included in tuition)
• (Non-Catholics and members of non-supporting parishes pay an additional: $325.00)
• Graduation Fee: $100.00 (for graduating seniors only)
Acceptance to the freshman class at Cathedral Prep is based on the results of the mandatory Entrance Exam, elementary school transcripts, elementary school disciplinary record, and recommendations from the elementary school teachers and principal. Transfer students are accepted based on the transcripts, disciplinary records, and recommendations from the teachers and principal from the previous school.
Although Cathedral Preparatory School is a distinctly Catholic school, it welcomes young men of all backgrounds and does not discriminate against any qualified student on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, disability, or age, as required by law, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions procedures, financial aid/scholarship awards, and/or any other school administered programs.
Class of 2016 Statistics:
- 156 graduates
- 100% accepted to a four-year college
- Received $18.46 million in scholarships (that's 118,000 per student)
- 18,200 service hours to the school, parishes, and the community